Saturday, December 12, 2015

Review of the book The Headmaster's Cave by D.S. Allen

This book is great for middle grade readers. The main characters, George, Katie and Dougie all behave in ways that are believable for their age. I hate books that over mature their characters. These kids were perfect from what they discussed with each other and the ways they behaved. However, if I was that age stuck in a cave captured by a mad man I'd be bawling like a baby. Good thing these kids are smarter than I am. The story had a lot of mystery and wonder and keeps you wanting to know what will happen next. The kids show thoughtfulness, reasoning and friendship. I really love that George has his dog Flan along for the ride as well. It gave the story more interest involving a boy and his dog.
The only thing I wish the book did was explanation first thing their location better. It took me a bit before I realized they were somewhere in the United Kingdom and that's why their realized was realised and they used a torch rather than a flashlight. Just make sure your child understands that so they're not confused.

Goodreads Review

No comments:

Post a Comment