Friday, December 11, 2015

Review of the book The Knights Before Christmas by Joan Holub and Scott Magoon

I read this book aloud to my 5 year old daughter. This is her review:
"The book was awesome and funny. My favorite part was when they saw Santa and thought he was trying to get in ( they thought he was an invader) and Santa just kept trying to get in. I also liked when the Knight said, 'Jingle bells, Invader smells, Jingle all the way.' I also liked when they took all the gifts and presents Santa threw at them and decorated the tree with them. I also love that the author made the book and that she was so thoughtful."

Mom's review: This book was really adorable. A fun play on the old Christmas poem T'was a Night Before Christmas. The story was funny and creative. The Knights all had their own personalities and funny quirks and Santa's persistence made for an enjoyable read. I liked all the little extras going on in the background of the illustrations and little sayings and singings of the Knights. Definitely a recommended book for all ages of young children. The pictures even kept my toddler entertained.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment